Tags: monthly | reading | manga | anime | podcasts | movies |
This one will be short, I’ll share some more thoughts in another blogpost regarding doing these summaries for the year!
- The Breakers: A podcast about a guy trying to survive the apocalypse, caused by a virus that eats you from the inside, and his awesome dog! Not your typical zombie story.
- 372 Pages We’ll Never Get Back, already talked about it.
- Trash Taste. I just can not get enough of these guys.
- Other podcast I have mentioned before…
Movies and Series
- Avatar: The Way Of Water: Its quite a visual spectacle, I liked it quite a bit, feels more like a setup than a fully fledged movie, I think its worth watching though, the world in it feels truly alive and well thought-out.
- Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio: A masterclass of animation and a wonderful re-imagination beyond the classical Disney version, and the original story. I loved it so much.
- Start-Up: This is a korean series, quite a good one too. Its about many people who are trying to start a new business and such, it has a lot of drama, love triangle and such, as it usually goes with these kinda shows. I watch it with my family, so it is what it is.
- Denouement by HexDSL: Quite an interesting universe created by one of my favorite content creators. Its a pretty cool sci-fi story with quite a bit of originality, the second book is out so I’ll try and check it out too.
- Neuromancer by William Gibson: I did not finish, I started but I have to admit the writing style and language used is quite hard to understand for me, I will probably give up and check if the Spanish translation is better, at least for me to not struggle with the new words and such.
- 1984 by George Orwell: I switched to this one, and its quite a great read! I am still not done but it will be my first book of the year.
- Mob Psycho 100 III: A masterpiece, a must watch, my favorite anime of the year, probably? At least from the ones I finished…
- Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood: This is what most people consider to be the best of all time, and boy is it actually great, I am still not done, I am a third of the way so far, and the only reason I did not finish it yet is because I have been spending a lot of time with family and friends because of holidays. Watched 29 episodes.
- Tomie: This is a horror manga, the first of its kind I have read, done by Junji Ito. Its quite horrifying but I just kept going with it until the end, I don’t feel great about it but I probably will check other works of this author, 20 chapter were read.
- Kingdom: Still my favorite probably. I am 743 chapters in and this thing still has a long way to go! I had taken a bit of a break and waited for some chapters to pile up until last month. Highly recommended.
- Heavenly Delusion: This is a new one, it is quite a weird one too, its about some post-apocalyptic world and some kids trying to get to “Heaven”, but things are quite not right with what we know so far. I read up to chapter 7.
- I have been keeping up with Komi-san. I read up to chapter 384.
I switched to Void Linux this month, and I did not install ActivityWatch for a while due to laziness. The browser extension for ActivityWatch also got broken, so I am unable to specify which websites I visited the most. I will admit quite a few hours of them were on Anime sites. Here is what I got so far.
I used my phone for 207 hours in total.
- Newpipe for 60 hours.
- Tusky for 25 hours.
- WhatsApp for 14 hours.
- Reading Apps (Moon Reader and Librera Pro) for 15 hours.
- Tachiyomi for 9 hours.
- Infinity for Reddit for 12 hours.
- Aniyomi for 11 hours.
- Firefox for 8 hours.
My computer was on for 144 hours.
- Firefox for 100 hours.
- Alacritty terminal for 22 hours.
- Inkscape for 2 hours.
I would love to do a better summary for the whole of 2022, so I’ll work on that for tomorrow if possible. Have a Happy New Year people!
Also, this is day 1 of my second run of #100DaysToOffload.
Reply via Email
If you have something to say, leave a comment, or contact me ✉️ instead